Thursday, September 4, 2014

Week 26! "B the Mormon!!! [And Transfers]..."

From 7/28/14

So, I`m in a different cyber that won`t let me send pictures...:p bleh jeje

BUT. This week was so great. I`m just in awe.

Do you all remember "B" the Nigerian? B the Baptist? Well.....that is soon to change to B the Mormon :)!!!! HE ACCEPTED A BAPTISMAL DATE! for the 16th of August. We were so blessed because the story is no less than a miracle...and a good one at that.

Last Tuesday Hna M and Hna Q went to visit him while Hna D and I went to the YW mutual activity to give a little insight to what we do as missionaries and encourage them to go if they so desire. When we saw the other sisters that evening just before mutual, they explained that they visited B with a couple members present. They watched the video of the First Vision. They said that as the hymn started playing.... "Oh how lovely was the morning....", the Spirit was stronger than they had ever felt in watching that video before. Hna M said her throat felt tight because of the emotion, and Hna Q actually started crying.

After the video, they began explaining as we had several times in the past, about the nature of God and the Trinity. But B, in his extremely cool way of expressing himself, cut them off saying, "You know, I don`t want to talk about this right now. There are more important things we need to discuss, like the baptism." They were stunned. And then, when they invited him to baptism after several times of doing so before, HE ACCEPTED!! He`s been to church several times, but wouldn`t accept a date sooner than the 16th of August. But this was so exciting!!!! B the Mormon jejeje. He told us that he knows it`s true. He knows this true is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet.

What I really feel is true is that all those prayers, all those extra studies and searches to answer his questions, and that faith accompanied with fast, has created the environment and pathway for the Lord to help B to come to this conclusion. People who sincerely search....will always find. B was able to feel the confirmation of the Spirit that this is true, then recognize it, and act upon it. We are so happy!!

We also ended this transfer super well!! We miraculously had 5 investigators at church yesterday and 6 less active members attend. TWO families, one that hasn`t been to church in 4 years, another who hasn`t been in 5, went to church as well!!!!! It was so wonderful. The Lord has really blessed us this transfer. Hna D and I also ended off our experience as companions by having a special musical number of a "Amazing Grace/As Now We Take the Sacrament/How Great Thou Art" rendition that I brought from home. I played the piano while she sang...and although we didn`t practice much, you can`t go wrong with that type of music jeje.

So, like you heard me mention, I am no longer with Hna D :(. Last night we received transfers at about 11:20 pm! Ahhh!! jeje. Hna D got transferred!!

Hna Q is opening a new sector on the "coast" (wooohooo!!!). There was previously only one other companionship of Hnas there, but now the President will be sending more sister missionaries there. The rules are a little different on the coast. This is the first time in 2 years that more sister missionaries will be sent there. It`s just kinda dangerous for the sisters, so they try to reserve the nicer, safer areas for us :) jeje. Even then, they have to be home no later than 8 pm and must be super super obedient at all times to keep themselves safe. Hna Q was so so excited to have this opportunity!! We were all super excited for her too.

I was also transferred to another area in Quito! jaja! I`ve heard many good things about the sector as the members are great and there are also several gringos who live there as well. I`m kind of excited but also a little nervous.

Only one hermana is coming to the mission this transfer. So I`ll be the only sister training in the mission this time around. The rest of the newbies are elders jeje. It seems like less and less sisters are being called to this mission. Just a handful of transfers ago before I got to the mission the sister missionaries arrived in groups of about 20. And now...only one? Next transfer only 2 sisters will be coming. Weird.

But yeah, we`ll have a lot of help because both of the hermana leaders over us worked in this sector and know it pretty well....so they`ll help me jeje. Hna M, on the other hand, gets to stay right where she is with her new companion. Full changes this transfer. It was pretty great, and exciting. We didn`t go to sleep until about 1:30 in the morning! ,´:[ jeje

Also this week. Our electric-heating shower head broke. I tried to be brave and shower with cold water. It worked the first two days....I would just do a little war-cry before jumping into the freezing cold water. Then I would coach myself through it and chant a few motivating words to myself to make it through. But, finally day 3 I gave in to what my companions started to do, that is, boil water. It was much better. jeje

Also, I am very grateful for missionaries who have planted seeds. Many people we have been coming to meet this last week have had very good and positive experiences with past missionaries, which is the reason they welcome us, as missionaries, into their homes. I have been able to see a little piece of what it means and how great of an influence it is to plant good seeds.

Anyways, I`ve got to go. I love you all!!! Stay safe and have a great week! :)

Hna Fernelius

0 comments:

Post a Comment