Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 35! "Hey Everybody!"

From 9/29/14

Thank you all for your emails. As we were walking down the sidewalk to go print at a cyber, I had a feeling come to me that this would be a good week of emails. And it was! Pictures from Amy, a message from Jay, and messages from all of you. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Well, there are several things I COULD say this week...but usually some things stick out to me of what I could share. This week, I don`t necessarily feel that way. So, I spent some time responding to some other emails and to the mission president. I hope you are all okay with that. :)

This week we had divisions with the Hna Leaders. Hna M came here with me while my companion went with hers to Bella Aurora. Hna M spent the day and night with me. It was very relaxed and felt like I had spent the time with an old friend.

We always do a "retroalimentaciòn" at the end of the division to see what I have been doing well and what I can improve. We spent a lot of time really analyzing how I feel I do. It was nice to set some goals together. One goal we set is that I would write down a phrase, scripture, or quote in my agenda on a daily basis to remind me of my purpose as a missionary.

As a missionary, it`s not uncommon to lose "animos" because we are always on a go-go-GO type routine. I`m sure it wouldn`t be so hard if we could take vacation time every now and again jaja, but that is not the case, and ...knowing me...I always feel it necessary to give it ALL TO THE LORD. DAMOS TODO AL SEÑOR!!!! jejeje

When I feel spiritually dampened or tired, I never panic because I know that, with time, the Lord will help me to reboot right back out of it. It`s weird, but I keep going. Maybe not as lively as always, but I keep going. This is because I know that the Lord watches us. He tries us. He observes how we react, and how we respond to the challenges we face. And, because I trust Him, I know this is what He is waiting to see. So, I keep going...running fast to the finish.

We see with human vision. And, although it might not be half-bad sometimes, usually it`s not enough. We need to see with God`s vision...the eternal perspective. If we do, even the hardest cases will not seem so bad. Hurts and headaches will only wisp through like silk, all because the core of our being is fastened on to the perfect brightness of what will be.

As we were listening to the RS General Broadcast Saturday, one of the speakers mentioned something: barges. jaja I was thinking about us. Dad and Mom, raising little tugboats, hoping that one day that will become great barges filled with light. Strange analogy, but I liked it. I hope that Mom and Dad can see us as barges filled with light now. It certainly feels that it`s gotten to that point. I love the light I feel in this Gospel. And I hope that the Lord will help me to use it correctly.

Love you all. Vague email this week, but that`s partly because I don`t necessarily want to recall all the details that happened this week...it was rough. But I know this week will be better! :)

Love you all! Have a great week! :)

Hna Fernelius

0 comments:

Post a Comment