Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 54! "Poisonous Frog...or Prince?"

From 2/2/15

Just wanted to say hi!! No more time to write than that for this week, but I love you all and hope you are doing well.
 
We had a specialized conference last week where President and the Assistants came to my area. It was really, really good :) Me and Hna F got to share capacitaciòn [training] with two zones on repentance and how to teach it effectively to investigators. I definitely felt the spirit.
 
Thanks for the love and birthday wishes. Thanks for always updating the blog. I can`t tell you how much it means. And it motivates me to always reflect on just how beautiful my mission and life have been for me and want to share from the heart. It also motivates me to write more diligently in my personal journal for the future :)
 
Have a great week! :)
 
Hna Fernelius

"Buenas tardes!

[Two investigators] accepted a baptismal date before, but it had to be changed because they weren`t able to make it to church for health reasons. They are really humble, which is why they accept the doctrine so readily.

It`s true what you said last week, that there is a special 'prepared' spirit in this area. There are many ready to progress. We just need to set our sight high and find them.
 
I am doing well. I love it here so much! The ward is great and I was in awe to see about 20 people get up Sunday to bear short, powerful testimonies. It was great.

I know this work is of the Lord, and lately I`ve been studying more of the life of Joseph the prophet and the history of the church. It amazes me the miracles and prophecies they received....but also the tremendous opposition they faced.

I love this gospel and I want to be a great part of the work and growth here in Ecuador. I feel the Lord`s hand in my life, guiding me, teaching, and training me. I hope it continues in great strides :)"
 
P.S.......................
 
............................my companion and I caught a toad with our hands a couple nights ago, and I told my zone leader in the nightly phone call we make to report our work that day (he`s American). He told me "YOU CAN`T DO THAT!"
 
"What? Why not?" I asked back.
 
He said that he had an investigator who`s kids picked up and killed toads and ended up with sores all over their hands....Wuuuut. We don`t have running water in the house, so I didn`t wash my hands really good after touching the giant toad.
 
I`m scared.
 
Later, another member in our ward told me that frog pee can also make you go blind. Gulp.

But, I`m still alive and can see just fine so...I guess I dodged that bullet.  AND I got a couple pictures out of it too. jejeje :)
 



[It's Tiffany's birthday this week - looks like someone was looking out for her....]

Service in a contact

Eating "Shawarmas"

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment