Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 57! "The Double Lives of Two Sister Missionaries..."

From 2/23/15

Last week we had interviews with President. He came to the coast and my only question was whether he could "foresee" a little of what would happen with me the last few cambios of my mission. I am pretty much pumped to give it my all, though my body is starting to get a little tired. My desires and determination is way too strong and I want the big adventures and race to the finish to come now that I have experience in the mission as well. I didn´t say all this. All I said was "I have animos to keep learning". I just feel I have so much left to give! :)

This Sunday morning Hna F and I met up with the Hermanas from an area nearby, because one of them was also finishing her mission. Hna F and her met up and stayed for the early ward´s sacrament meeting while I went to the other area with Hna R. It was weird leaving Hna F. She´s got a strong presence and personality, so now I had to mentally prepare myself for taking over my sector again.

Hna R is from Bolivia. She was in the ARMY there....0_o Tough cookie, she is. And very funny. We spent the day Sunday between the two areas, trying to work together in both sectors...like 30 minutes bus ride apart. Both sectors are SUPER big, well, one more than anything. The Hermanas in the bigger area are the only missionaries in the mission Ecuador Quito Norte that have a PLAYA (beach) in their sector. They even have a little island that you have to take a boat to get to....well, obvious, isn´t it?..:p

Anyway, the branch yesterday thought I was the newly arrived missionary to be with Hna R. So they made me get up to the pulpit and present myself. I chuckled to myself:

"Suckers," I thought, "They think I´m the new Hermana! jejeje".

So, I got up, presented myself as a visitor and that I worked nearby. And projected a lot of hopeful aspirations of the branch and ward to the members there if they kept sharing their testimonies.

Later that day, I considered what it would actually be like to work in that area. It would be....a challenge. Because it´s huuuuuge. And it´s still a rama [branch] for a reason. But there are a lot of good members and good potential there. I told Hna R that the missionaries of this branch need to receive a lot of revelation to know how to work there, and would definitely have so much exito [success] because the potential is so big.

At night, we were waiting for the call from our leaders to know who would be our new companions! Elder G, our zone leader gave the news. Hna R would be receiving.....!!!!!!!!!!! Well, she already had received her new companion. It would be me!! We looked at each other a little confused. They explained:

"Hna R is now an Hna LĂ­der and the two of you will be working in BOTH sectors." ....Wut.

There are no new Hermanas coming to the coast. Me and Hna R have both previous areas as our sectors now. We aren´t sure for how long or why exactly. But....wow. All those impressions and thoughts leading up to it was maybe God hinting at us that we were to be companions now. How is it going to work out? Me don´t know. But we mapped out what a typical week would look like and now have an idea. We are going to be traveling quite a bit this week. Today we already bought double supplies of a few things to have a set in both houses. Some nights living in the one area, some nights living in the other. jaja! This is going to be cool.

There are two Hermanas more in the coast 2 hours from us. They live farrrr with a little group of elders in comparison to the rest of the zone. They are staying companions, but one of those Hermanas will be training this cambio as well. So, 5 Hermanas in the coast!!! Wooojoo! This definitely rocks! :) I´m looking forward to it.

Soon we enter into Milagros de Marzo, so I know this will be good :)

So, that´s the dip for the week.

Love you all!

3 Ne 5:13. Have a great week! :)

Hna Fernelius

C is a deaf, mostly blind recent convert who we teach using our hands and writing. Here, Hna F is writing out the hymn we were going to sing and he read it while we sang. It was so cute!

The Zone!

Another Sister headed for home this transfer.





Yes, this house doesn´t have walls. Dirt floors. This is a common thing here. And HAMMACKS. Love livin' the life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment