Friday, April 17, 2015

Week 64! "This Mission is Not the End"

From 4/13/15

I have felt a little weird thinking about the time I have left in the mission. Am I giving it my all? I think I am. But....there`s always the wonder. Yesterday I fasted for some type of peace. Today for P-day we rested at home. I was reflecting a bit. Then, more suddenly and unexpectedly than I anticipated, I had a feeling of serenity wash over me. A distinct impression came to mind, "This mission is not the end." And I felt more surely than ever...a seal of approval for the work I`ve done here so far. As well as -- there is much more "despues de la mision" [after the mission].

I have a good feeling about my current area. I don`t know yet why I am called here. But, as always, the Lord knows exactly what it is He wants to make of me. And my goal is to put as much passion into this work as I can :)

"Right now I`m getting to know the sector and ward people. This is a good place. I`ve been thinking on what I would like to accomplish as I enter the last 12 weeks of my mission, and I`ve felt that it`s time to increase my conviction of Jesus Christ. I want to be able to know Him. In 4 misionero, there`s a part that promises that as we give ourselves to God, we can come to know Him even as perfectly as He knows us.

This week we had a special experience. The Elders gave us a reference to a family they`ve been teaching for about 6 months who live in our sector. This family was married in order to be baptized, but suddenly they decided they didn`t want to be baptized. Sister S, the wife, and Brother B, the husband, were saddened that the Elders passed the reference to us. The night we visited them, we applied an unusual introduction where every question that came to our minds was super specific and unique. The questions that came definitely did not come from us. Immediately, we discovered the iceberg: in all this time the missionaries have been teaching them, neither had ever felt they had received an answer that the Restoration is true. They want to know, but didn`t understand how to recognize their answer from God.

We testified of the role of the Spirit and how to listen for an answer after we ask God. We shared D&C 9 when it talks about a burning in the bosom vs. a stupor of thought. In this lesson, the room seemed to hold still and silent. A pin drop could've been heard. The spirit was strong.

Though I have time in the mission, moments such as this always marvel me as I reflect on how the Holy Spirit can work through us when we love someone enough to ask good questions and listen to their replies and body language."
 
I know that God lives. Jesus is the Living Son of God. I felt very humbled when I read in Jesus the Christ a part where Jesus Himself is professing to be nothing. In John 5:30 He said, "I can of my own self do nothing," then He testified to be living to do only what His Father asked of Him. If Jesus Christ Himself said He is nothing -- what does that make us?
 
I feel that every step of my life has been in the care of our Father in Heaven. I know He loves us and lives in the details. I am grateful for the Restored Gospel, which we have, and that the Holy Spirit always testifies that it is true.
 
I love you all and hope you have an amazing week!!
 
Hna Fernelius :)
 
I made fritos! I learned a long time ago from Hna Q...they didn`t exactly turn out buuuutttt....yeah we still ate them jaja


Chaulafan -- Chifa place- These are the wantons here.....not....the same. jaja oh well

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment