Monday, April 27, 2015

Week 66! "It's Good News..."

From 4/27/15

Hi family.
 
It`s my fault! We had an activity with our district today and got out a little late...
 
I haven`t read the emails, but I am looking forward to :)
 
This time in my mission is really marking my life. We are running into some people who really need our help. They are real people with real doubts. It is a blessing to end my mission this way....putting all of the experience to the test. Yesterday we spent an hour and a half with one recent convert of about 2 months. His name is Hermano C and he is 19 years old. He feels so confused and doesn`t know what to think anymore. His "friends" all think he`s a coward because he no longer robs or drinks or fights back. Hermano C felt ready to just...give up. But, Hna B shared her personal conversion story and how hard it was and still sometimes is. Hna B is a convert of 2 years now....And we both testified of - well, basically everything that the eternal perspective consists of. It made me ponder what it really feels like to be a convert of the Church of Jesus Christ. His family suffers a lot. They almost all feel like there`s no hope left.
 
But there is hope. For every single person. And after this crucial conversation we were able to have...Hermano C was smiling again. It`s not going to be an easy process....But I know God lives. I`ve said it many times before, but now I also feel it. Christ is our Redeemer. He paved the way and saved us.
 
Seeing Hermano C smile was what every missionary hopes to be able to do. Because it was the hope and truth understood behind the smile that makes it so special. I AM SO HAPPY WE HAVE THE GOSPEL. It is "good news" indeed.
 
Have a great week!
 
Hna Fernelius
 
"It`s incredible to be here. My experiences this week in divisions [splits] was amazing. The hermanas are inspiring to me and cause me to constantly want to do better.
 
We have been really blessed in our sector though I need to be more diligent. I put the goal to work more with the members. They are good and very willing, and some seem to not have much confidence with the missionaries. So we want to work with them to uplift them and also allow them to grow their personal testimonies of la obra [the work] and of the missionaries.
 
We have a lady right now named Hermana M. She is a personal miracle. Her husband is less active of 20 years but has a great understanding and testimony of the gospel. Hermana M is Evangelista but has great interest in knowing if this church is true. She is the most genuine investigator and a true analyzer as well. It`s intimidating and energizing to me at the same time. She is intelligent and has been attending church with her husband on their own for 2 weeks now. Her biggest doubt is of Joseph Smith...and she doesn`t even want to touch the Book of Mormon yet. But I have great faith that she will progress, and that we were sent here for her.
 
I love this work. I love the power of the fast and of faith, and am searching to increase mine. I know that God lives as well as Jesus Christ...but I am only just beginning to understand what that actually means."
 
An Hermana who is new in the mission. She is very down-to-earth and great.
 
 This is a recent convert and she is sooooo cute. In her prayers she always crosses her arms across her chest and begins saying, "Papito Dios, Buenas tardes..." ["Daddy God, Good afternoon..."]

Writing on the window (language study) but it`s weird cuz it melted a little or something.

Our zone.




Caldo de verde [plantain soup]...deliciousness.

Activity with our district today. We ate goooood with the Familia B!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment