Monday, February 3, 2014

One By One...

Saturday, December 21, 2013

We took Ashley up to the Provo MTC. She reported Wednesday, Dec 18th at 1pm, so we drove up Tuesday. She said her goodbyes to the family at home, then said the rest of the goodbyes to us Wednesday morning.

Most of the drive up was actually quite captivating. Since Ashley was set apart Sunday (instead of Monday like she planned), she demonstrated quite the exercise of self-control.

No more radio, no more Duck Dynasty, no more dancing, no more social media....in our itty bitty house that takes some internal power right there.

But on the drive up, there was a solid 4 hours or so of Dad blasting up the 80's music. And let me tell you!! they played some pretty fantastic songs....the ones that call for singing at the top of your lungs AND dancing. I can't tell you how many times I turned around and gave Ashley a look, only to find her staring back in painful restraint to remain calm and collected. She didn't give in! Not once. So prowwwd :')

I hope I have that kind of self-control when it comes to my turn. Seriously....hard to resist. But the difference is I'll be leaving straight from Vegas by air. What a way to sign out of my country for a time!

Annnyways. Ashley was absolutely glowing!!! I don't even think the reflection from the snow had anything to do with it! She was so prepared, and IS so prepared to serve. Her hair smelled so good when I gave her that final hug. Then they whisked her away and out of sight. I climbed the edge of the car too late to see her after that. And now, we wait to hear from her :)

The truest piece of advice we both got from a family friend (ahem Paulo) is two words: "Missions Suck"...pause..."but it's worth it." hahaha

When you're happy and you know it....let it glow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment