Monday, February 3, 2014

Trust Him

Sunday, December 29, 2013

I totally felt like a bubbly ninja during sacrament meeting today. I am so grateful for the faces I saw from two weeks ago -- family ward talk -- and today. All the attention can't be good for me. I have to go look for my head in the 3rd or 4th atmosphere now. I seriously felt like I was wandering in clouds as I spoke today. They weren't just regular clouds either; these clouds were gold, and glittered!

Anyway, to recap. Trust in the Lord. It's a very good idea. Not only that, but it makes unhappy things suddenly seem okay and very happy. "When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown, faith is knowing one of two things will happen: There will be something solid to stand on or you will be taught to fly." ~Unknown

I am very grateful for trials and even anticipate them in life. Receiving difficulties is almost like a spiritual-progression check, as if we are climbing a ladder. What is the trial? What can I learn through it? How do I overcome it? Am I moving forward or back?

In turning to the Savior, I feel confident in facing my trials head-on because of something that became even more clear to me in a book I read: Believing Christ by Stephen E Robinson. It is that, no matter how much or how often we fall short of perfection, no matter how many mistakes we make....our Savior looks on our hearts. He knows our desires and intentions. He gave His life and suffered for our sins so that we didn't have to pay the price for them...if we would repent. Otherwise, His suffering was vain if we choose to do "it all" ourselves, without relying on Him to direct us.

I believe that, in facing obstacles, we are required to do the best we can then leave the rest in His Hands. He will compensate for all things we fall short of. This is the idea of perfection in this life -- to continually repent, seek guidance, and trust in the Savior's power to redeem us.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5,6 (Italics for emphasis).

Acknowledge Him in ALLLL thy ways?? Yep.

The only way to know if this is true is to see for yourself, right? Don't take my word for it. Try it.

I'd like to think I'm a pretty smart gal. And making the decision to serve the Lord for 18 months full-time didn't come on a whim. It came from a lifetime of experimenting with the truths of the gospel. The sooner you get started, the better. Trust me. Uhh wait, I mean, Trust Hiiim. haha
Probably not a bad 2014 goal, eh?

0 comments:

Post a Comment