Monday, February 3, 2014

The Temple

Saturday, November 30, 2013

I love to see the temple!!!!

So, there's this song that we learn as kids. It's called I Love to See the Temple.

I absolutely love the temples. I have been able to go since age 12, but only to certain parts of the temple.

On November 15th, Ashley and I were able to go for more. To make covenants with the Lord.

Often in my personal experiences, when we are about to do something good is when I also see the most opposition. To me, this is Satan who knows what we are about to do and is working hard to try and stop us or to discourage us.

In preparing to enter the House of the Lord, I came across many obstacles. People's work schedules got overwhelming, and it was hard to find a good day when Ash and I could go together....Every attempt to coordinate it fell through.

With that sense of urgency I had talked about earlier, I determined to leave everything else behind and go alone if I had to. But I knew that was not a likely thing for me to do.

There was one Sunday I went to church heart-broken. I ran into the trio of my favorite sister missionaries on my way to the bathroom. (I now dig into the realms of tmi, but this is important). They comforted me and reassured me that everything would work out. I didn't realize one of the sisters didn't have any family at the temple at all since she was the only church member in her family. She explained this to me matter-of-factly and with a smile on her face. I felt a little braver and more grateful after that haha.

In the end, there was an answer to prayer in all this. Without me saying anything else, my family decided to take the initiative to figure out how to make it work.

Some had to take off work, some had to rearrange schedules, one had to babysit after a long day at school....everyone made sacrifices to be there for me and Ash. And in the end, everyone in our family who could, had the opportunity to go if they desired.

It all worked out exactly as we had hoped. but not without a good dose of opposition, and sincere prayers so that we could overcome that opposition.

The Lord has promised that He would prepare the way for us to be able to do whatsoever thing He commands of us. 1 Nephi 3:7 And that, He did.

I am grateful to have constant reminders throughout my life and experiences that Heavenly Father knows each of us personally, is aware of our circumstances, and is anxious to help us if we let Him.

The temple really is a peaceful, holy, beautiful place! It is a sanctuary from the rest of the world. It is a little piece of heaven on earth. In a very real way, it is a connection between heaven and earth.


And the Las Vegas temple is by far one of the most beautiful. I am a little biased, I admit :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment